Chapungu Tented Bush Camp is one of a handful of lodges in the privately owned Thornybush Game Reserve, on the edge of the Kruger National Park. This magnificent 4-star offering has 8 Luxury Tents that fan out from the main lodge.
The significance of a private reserve is revealed in the game-viewing experience: you will only share your magical moments with Africa's famous wildlife with your fellow lodge guests and not with a battalion of hired cars jostling for front-row seats. You can also get fascinating night drives, off-road traversing, and walking safaris. The open safari vehicles ensure there are no smudgy windows in the foreground of your award-winning Big 5 pictures!
Each tent comes equipped with king-size beds, air conditioning, private balconies and naughty open-air bathrooms. The luxury and romance are as seductive as the raw energy of the African wilderness that surrounds you for countless miles in all directions. The lodge offers outdoor dining – that bastion of African safaris – to the light of a central campfire, accompanied by the sounds of the night.
- Privately owned game reserve provides a more personal experience
- Varied safari activities, including open-vehicle safaris, walking safaris, and night drives
- Exclusive accommodation with only 8 Luxury Tents
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans in each suite to keep you refreshed
- The well-stocked wine cellar is sure to provide the perfect wine to unwind with