Kick off your shoes and your worries in the “barefoot luxury” of Summerfields Rose Retreat & Spa. This sweet-fragranced ambience is found in Hazyview, Mpumalanga, on Summerfields’ resplendent rose farm. Borne out of a vision to create an environment where active farming and caring hospitality co-exist, this accommodation will reignite your senses and refresh your mind.
The retreat is set in a 100-acre macadamia, granadilla, and litchi farm, only 12km from the renowned Kruger National Park, and will envelope you in lush trees and regal rosebushes. Soothe your soul in natural rose and macadamia oils with a head, feet and hand massage at the Summerfields Spa; relax around the pool; enjoy guided tours of the rose production; and embark on balloon and microlight flights over the valley.
Cascading water, birdsong, and hippo grunts can be heard from the River Lodge, which comprises 12 exclusive tented suites under a canopy of Jackalberry and Tamboties trees. Picturesque views of the Sabie River can be enjoyed from your private deck as rose scents waft from the windows. Fresh, creative meals are sourced from Summerfields’ own organic nursery and dished up daily at the River Café and Summerfields Kitchen.
- Set on 100 acres of macadamia, granadilla, and litchi farm, only 12km from the Kruger National Park
- Specialising in home-grown roses of all variety—essential oils, room decoration, food enhancement
- 12 luxury tented suites in the River Lodge—private deck surrounded with the sounds of nature
- Summerfields Spa offering natural treatments, and River Café and Summerfields Kitchen serving organic produce
- Guided tours of rose production, and balloon and microlight flights over the valley