Umkumbe Safari Lodge is located in the heart of the Kruger National Park's most premier private reserve - Sabi Sand. Lying on the banks of the seasonal Sand River, it offers guests great views over an area that attracts large numbers of game.
There are twice-daily game drive activities and the option of doing a guided morning walking safari after breakfast. The area is known for having the best game sighting in the Kruger National Park, guaranteeing the quality of your game-viewing to be the highlight of your trip.
Umkumbe has 4 Superior and 6 Standard Chalets. The Standard Chalets offer en-suite bathrooms with an indoor shower, whereas the Superior Chalets come with the added benefits of both an indoor bath and outdoor shower. All the chalets have air conditioning and private stone verandas with seating. Guests are invited to share their safari experiences with others at the relaxing, communal boma or pool area. The lodge is owner-managed and guests can expect a rustic safari experience with a personal touch, worth every penny.
- Best value for money full safari experience in the Sabi Sand
- Located on the banks of the seasonal Sand River, which attracts wildlife close to the camp
- A variety of room set-ups to choose from including inter-leading rooms and sofa beds for children or 3rd party adults
- Small camp that is owner-managed and run with emphasis being on service to guests
- Optional guided bush walks available