One of the oldest and largest game reserves in South Africa, the 13,000ha MalaMala Game Reserve is located in the Greater Kruger Area. The reserve’s unfenced eastern boundary is adjacent to Kruger National Park allowing wildlife to flow freely from the park into MalaMala. This is a sanctuary that the Big 5, along with cheetah and wild dog, call home.
MalaMala specialises in exclusive game drives led by expertly trained guides. With each safari accommodating between four and six people, guests are guaranteed a bespoke safari experience. MalaMala also boasts photographic safari vehicles—the perfect platform from which to catch that perfect shot. The reserve’s main camp is child friendly; and on arrival each family is assigned a ranger that will offer suitable activities.
MalaMala is home to three camps; the child-friendly Main Camp, intimate Sable Camp, and the old-world Rattray’s on MalaMala. All provide elegant and stylish accommodation, top-notch facilities, and gorgeous surroundings. The reserve is a six-hour drive from Johannesburg and daily direct flights are available from OR Tambo. Alternatively, guests can travel to MalaMala from Skukuza Airport.
- One of the oldest and largest private game reserves in South Africa
- Shares a 19km unfenced border with Kruger
- Home to the Big 5 plus cheetah and wild dog
- Exclusive game drives accommodate between four and six people
- Specialised vehicle available for photographic safaris
- Home to three safari camps