Travellers don’t need much more reason to visit Cheetah Plains than its exclusive traversing rights across 8,500ha of land in the 65,000ha Sabi Sand Reserve neighbouring South Africa’s most prolific wildlife-viewing destination, the Kruger National Park. In addition, however, luxury accommodation in the bushveld awaits, along with the Big 5 and tailored safaris.
Sabi Sand Reserve shares an unfenced border with Kruger, known for its abundance of wildlife. Sabi Sand in particular is renowned for its leopard sightings—a rarity for this shy member of the big cat family. The thorn and marula trees scattered across the bushveld hold over 300 bird species, making this part of the world a must-see for bird lovers and photographers alike.
Observe buck wander across the property from the comfort of the lodge’s 6 Standard Chalets, 2 Luxury Chalets, or Bush Cottage. All rooms, embracing afro-modern aesthetics, include an en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning, mosquito net, and a verandah overlooking the bushveld, while the Bush Cottage has the added benefit of a lounge/kitchenette area.
- Guaranteed exclusivity with only 2 commercial vehicles permitted at a time in areas of the reserve
- One of the oldest and most established lodges in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- Shares an unfenced border with Kruger National Park
- Renowned for its leopard sightings and plethora of bird species
- Birding safaris led by a specialist and photographic safaris carried out in a specifically-adapted vehicle