The air is still in the day, apart from the scattered calls of a variety of birds, while the park comes alive at night with the competing cackles and roars of resident hyenas, lions, and other predators. Nature’s call wafts across the landscape of Kruger National Park, reaching the cottages, bungalows, tents, and huts that dot Letaba Rest Camp, a shaded oasis near the banks of the Letaba River.
Undoubtedly known as South Africa’s flagship safari destination, the Kruger National Park is home to large concentrations of the Big 5 along with an impressive array of other wildlife. The Letaba River attracts large numbers of the park’s inhabitants, as do 3 nearby dams found in the area. Regular visitors include antelope, buffalo, elephant, lion, and cheetah.
Guests at Letaba Rest Camp are certainly not without options. Choose between their guesthouses, cottages, bungalows, furnished tents, and huts that find respite in the shade of surrounding trees. On-site amenities include a restaurant, swimming pool, café, curio shop, ATM, and petrol station along with conveniences such as a telephone and first aid service.
- Found in Kruger National Park, South Africa’s premier wildlife-viewing destination and home to the Big 5
- The camp is close to 3 dams promising superb game-viewing
- Extensive on-site amenities including an ATM, petrol station, café, curio shop, restaurant, swimming pool, and laundromat
- Choose from their guesthouses, cottages, bungalows, huts, and furnished safari tents
- Excellent bird-watching in the area—particularly for owls