As one of only three luxury lodges within a 15,000 hectare private concession in the Kruger National Park – South Africa’s flagship safari destination – guests at Shishangeni Lodge are promised an uncrowded and unique safari experience. Listen to the calls of the wild from the comfort of your private deck, game drives in pursuit of the Big 5 among others and dancing after dinner in the campfire-lit boma.
Whether you’ve got binoculars in hand in the hopes of catching a glimpse of lilac breasted rollers and Bateleur eagles or you’ve got a keen eye on the horizon for any sly movement hinting at lion and hyena in the grassland, Kruger is the place to see it all. This safari mecca is home to the Big 5, over 500 bird species and an impressive array of other wildlife.
Wooden walkways meander between the main lodge and the 22 individual Chalets boast a fireplace, outdoor shower, deck and sitting area. Twice-daily game drives are each broken by morning coffee breaks and evening sundowners, while the Sanctuary Spa allows guests to enjoy treatments in the comfort of their room.
- In a 15,000 hectare private concession in the Kruger National Park, home to the Big 5
- Each Chalet boasts its own private viewing deck, outdoor shower and fireplace
- Interleading rooms are available for families on request
- Activities include boma dinners, massages, photographic safaris, game-watching and birding excursions
- Great add-on to an itinerary exploring Mpumalanga and the Panorama Route