At Plains Camp, which is on a 12,000 hectare private concession in the southern Kruger National Park, one can enjoy the adventure of walking in pristine wilderness. This exclusive walking safari camp is set on the edge of the Timbitene plain with excellent views of a waterhole.
Walking safaris take place in the early-morning before brunch and late-afternoon after high tea. Experience quality, first-hand sightings on rhino footpaths, while soaking up the scale and detail of the bush. There are set days for arriving at Plains Camp and a minimum requirement of a two night stay. For different adventure guests can walk from Plains Camp to the Sleepouts – the 4m high, elevated wooden platform’s top level allows guests to sleep out under the stars.
Plains Camp has 4 Luxury Explorer-style Tents with en-suite bathrooms decorated in the traditional fashion of past African explorers. This is true ‘Out of Africa’ bygone-style, with the wilderness on your doorstep. The Tents are built on raised wooden decks, according to stringent environmental targets, and the camp runs on electricity supplied by generators.
- Exclusive walking safari camp on a private concession in southern Kruger National Park
- Accommodates a maximum of eight guests in 4 Luxury Explorer-style Tents, ensuring a private and exclusive experience
- Walks are conducted in accordance with guests’ interests and fitness levels
- Opportunity to sleep out under the starry African skies
- Eco-friendly camp, priding itself on maintaining a low carbon footprint