In the southern Kruger National Park, on a 15,000 hectare private concession bounded by three major river systems, Lukimbi Safari Lodge lies on the banks of the beautiful Lwakahle River. This Big 5 reserve is home to two diverse habitats - grasslands attract herds of plains game, while the heavily wooded and lush riverine thickets provide seclusion for the more elusive wildlife.
Let Lukimbi’s experienced rangers and Shangaan trackers enlighten you through early-morning and late-afternoon game drives, guided bush walks and full-day walking safaris. Elephants regularly make their way down to the river and watching them as they cavort in the water is a soulful experience and a photographers dream!
Lukimbi has 16 Luxury Suites with majestic views across the river to the bushveld and beyond. 2 Suites boast their own private plunge pools and the main lodge hosts a pool, gym, spa treatment facility, wine cellar, library and bar. Stylish lounges invite you to relax in comfort while you enjoy an evening sundowner. As the lodge is named after the legendary 'Lukimbi', a half lion and half giant eagle owl, so you will come to know that you are visiting a truly magical place.
- 15,000 hectare private concession in the southern Kruger National Park
- Diverse habitats attract a large variety of wildlife and birdlife
- The Lodge offers full-day guided walking safaris
- On the banks of the Lwakahle River with regular sightings of elephant herds
- Variety of facilities and activities at main lodge, including ranger's museum and wildlife talks