On a private concession in the heart of Kruger, thatched peaks peek out above the trees. Wooden decks are the playground of darting geckos, while the indigenous flora surrounding these thatched roofs and wooden decks are passed by flitting Monarch butterflies. This is Hoyo Hoyo Safari Lodge where guests encounter not only the Big 5 and the remainder of Kruger’s fascinating wildlife – but also the local Tsonga culture.
Mluwati Concession is a 10,000 hectare sanctum only 40km from Kruger National Park Orpen Gate. With only 3 luxury lodges within its grounds, guests can ensure a more personal and entirely uncrowded safari experience in comparison to those offered in the public sectors of the park. The park is home to the Big 5, over 500 different species of bird and a plethora of other wildlife large and small.
Tsonga tradition prevails throughout Hoya Hoya thanks to its 6 air-conditioned, luxurious homesteads, earth-coloured walls and traditional ornaments bringing this local culture to life for guests. Each is furnished with a king-size bed, open-air shower, oval bath, tea/coffee-making facilities and private deck.
- One of only three luxury lodges on Kruger’s 10,000 hectare Mluwati Concession
- No Wi-Fi or cellphone reception to interfere with your safari
- Activities range from spa treatments and bird watching to bush dinners and game drives
- Onsite amenities include an infinity pool, lounge, outdoor dining and a private deck in your luxury Tsonga Homestead
- Direct transfers available from Hoedspruit and Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport