Flanked by citrus orchards and overlooking the meandering Blyde River, Blyde Mountain Country House is a secluded, tranquil getaway with the added benefit of nearby Hoedspruit providing all necessary amenities. This is the perfect stopover for those self-driving between South Africa’s picturesque Panorama Route and premier safari destination, the iconic Kruger National Park.
While the town of Hoedspruit is home to a number of attractions, the surrounding areas will also allow guests to enjoy an array of pastimes. Go on a Big 5 game drive, Blyde River boat cruise, animal rehabilitation tour, white water rafting excursion or watch the sunset from the soaring comfort of a hot air balloon as it floats over the Blyde River Canyon.
Blyde Mountain Country House has 15 accommodation options varying in degrees of luxury and necessity depending on each guest’s preference. Some of the rooms are dotted with private terraces while others can cater for couples or families. Stroll along Blyde River, take a refreshing dip in the swimming pool overshadowed by a Marula tree or cast a line in the small dam on-site.
- A relaxing retreat on the banks of the Blyde River, conveniently close to the town of Hoedspruit
- Can accommodate couples and families in a variety of room types
- On-site pool, dam, trampoline and swings
- Game drives, hot air balloon rides and white water rafting are all available in the surrounding area
- The ultimate stopover when travelling between the Panorama Route and the Kruger National Park