Beneath a shelter of mopane trees and surrounded by tall grasses in Klaserie Private Nature Reserve, Xanatseni Private Camp serves as a welcome retreat for visiting guests. Here, a world-class, Big 5 safari experience can be enjoyed in a wildlife sanctuary boasting an assortment of different conservation initiatives.
Klaserie is lauded as one of the largest privately-owned nature reserves in South Africa and forms part of the greater Kruger area—the country’s flagship game-viewing destination. Sprawled across 60,000ha of land, Klaserie boasts impressive wildlife numbers including the Big 5: lion, leopard, rhino, elephant, and buffalo, as well as almost 500 different bird species.
When the birds start chirping in the morning, it’s time to meet at the lookout tower to watch resident wildlife arrive for a drink. For a closer look, venture out on twice-daily game drives led by an expert ranger keen to impart all the mysteries of the bush. Other facilities include indoor and outdoor guest lounges, a swimming pool, patio, bar with satellite TV, and an outdoor gym. Guests are accommodated in five modern bedrooms boasting views of the bush and decorated with African flair.
- Game viewing twice-daily in an open vehicle led by an expert guide
- Lookout tower on the property provides a panoramic view of the bush and overlooks a watering hole
- Boma with central camp fire
- Bar and lounge with adjoining outdoor patio and pool
- Other pastimes include walking trails, and bush breakfasts or dinners
- Big 5 game area