Africa on Foot Camp is a no-frills, no-fuss camp in the Klaserie Private Nature Reserve. This reserve is located west of Timbavati and shares a fenceless border with the Kruger National Park allowing animals to roam freely between the two. Far-removed from the throngs of tourists in the main section of the park, it provides its guests with an intimate and exclusive safari experience.
As the name would suggest, Africa on Foot is renowned for its walking safaris. These are led by experienced rangers who have specialised training in approaching dangerous game - you will be taught how to encounter these animals. The Big 5 abound in the reserve, as do plains game and birdlife.
Accommodation comes in the form of 5 Chalets and a Tree House, where more adventurous guests can sleep under the stars. Two of the Chalets are ideal for families with a double bed and two single beds for the kids. The main lodge contains a lounge area, bar and library. The dining room has a large table where guests dine together and share stories of the day's game sightings.
- Personal and intimate safari experience
- Plenty of game and birdlife to see, including the Big 5
- Experience Africa in the most natural way: on foot
- Comfortable accommodation and facilities, including a splash pool
- For the fearless romantics, a night up in the tree house is an unforgettable experience