Kapama Private Game Reserve is one of South Africa’s largest privately-owned game reserves and renowned for its high density of big-game animals. Kapama Karula, which means ‘the place of peace’, is a small, intimate safari lodge set on the banks of the Klaserie River.
The atmosphere of Kapama Karula is that of tranquillity and isolation from the outside world, complemented by the winding river which runs through the camp. Surrounded by thick tree canopies and the singing of birds, relaxation at Kapama Karula comes instantly and effortlessly. For the more adventurous, there are a lot of activities on offer: Big-5 game-viewing, walking safaris, and bird-watching, to name but a few.
Accommodation comes in the form of twelve spacious Superior Suites with decadent en-suite bathrooms boasting indoor and outdoor showers, a bath, and his and hers basins. All suites have air conditioning, Wi-Fi, coffee machines, mini-bars, safes, iPod docking stations, indoor fireplaces, and international adapters to keep those cameras charged. Venture outside onto your private deck to laze on a sun lounger or take a dip in your private and heated pool.
- Surrounded by the sights and sounds of nature, with a river running through the camp
- Calm and tranquil atmosphere in an environment of understated luxury
- Game drives, walking safaris, bird-watching – there’s an adventure for everyone
- Decadent Suites with private decks, pools, and first-class amenities
- Situated in superb location to see the Big 5