Located only an hour and 15 minutes from Johannesburg and Pretoria, the five-star De Hoek Country Hotel sits alongside the Magalies River in the valley of the Magaliesberg Mountains. Enjoy delicious food, a spectacular setting, top-notch service, and elegant accommodation at this grand retreat.
Drift over the valley in a hot air balloon, indulge in individual or couples’ spa treatments, look out for animals and birds on hikes or walks, go horse riding or simply play games at the hotel, lounge at the pool or relax in the gardens. Other nearby attractions include several golf courses, the Harties Cableway, the Magaliesberg Canopy Tour, and the Cradle of Humankind — all of which are less than an hour’s drive away from De Hoek.
Accommodation is available in the form of Classic Superior Suites, New Quarter Superior Suites, and New Quarter Penthouses. All accommodation is air-conditioned and en-suite with minibars, tea/coffee facilities, underfloor heating, and TVs. The New Quarter accommodation is more modern and has added facilities including balconies, heated towel rails and Nespresso machines. Enjoy delicious five-course dinners before returning to the comfort of your room.
- Only an hour and 15 minutes from Pretoria and Johannesburg
- Next to the Magalies River in the valley of the Magaliesberg Mountains
- Several on-site activities are available and some of the area’s popular attractions are only a short drive away
- Accommodation is luxurious and fully-equipped
- Two on-site restaurants, one of which offers a five-course dinner
- Conference and meeting facilities available