One doesn’t get to be a member of ‘The Leading Hotels of the World’ without something special going on, and The Michelangelo on Mandela Square is nothing if not a prime example of world-class accommodation. From your first step through the open atrium, the feeling of grandeur and decadence is absolutely overwhelming.
The Michelangelo could not be better positioned to explore stylish and sophisticated Sandton. It is close to an array of restaurants and bars and you can buy presents and souvenirs at Sandton City, one of Africa's most high-end shopping centres. The business district is close by, with Sandton Convention Centre literally next-door. There really is not much you can’t do from this well-located hotel.
The Renaissance-style architecture echoes throughout the 242 Rooms and Suites. Each has a private bathroom with separate shower and toilet as well as air conditioning. More discerning travellers may opt for the Presidential Suites which provides the pinnacle of five-star service: a private butler.
- Luxurious rooms with private bathrooms and air conditioning
- Presidential Suites include a personal butler
- Accommodating and friendly service
- Renaissance-style architecture
- Swimming pool, sun-deck sauna, and steam bath
- Close to Sandton CBD and the Convention Centre