The unspoken Upper East Side of Johannesburg is undoubtedly Sandton. This bustling and vibrant part of South Africa’s ‘City of Gold’ is adored by tourists, locals, and the crème de la crème of the city’s social scene. Katherine Street’s City Lodge provides a tranquil haven amid the social and entertainment attractions for those staying in the area.
Sandton has long been considered Johannesburg’s second Central Business District and is home to the city’s stock exchange, the largest convention centre on the continent, and one of the largest shopping complexes in the southern hemisphere found in Sandton City and Nelson Mandela Square.
The City Lodge’s lounge area folds out onto a glistening pool and a courtyard complemented by park-like gardens. Guests can check-in whenever suits them thanks to a 24-hr reception, and walk-in rates are also available. Each room at the lodge is air-conditioned and has en-suite bathrooms, tea/coffee-making facilities, Satellite TV, and a desk. Universal Access rooms and sleeper-sofas are available on request. Other amenities include a sundowner bar, coffee shop, Wi-Fi, free parking, and same-day laundry services.
- Located in the affluent suburb of Sandton—home to endless restaurants, shops, bars, and entertainment areas
- This suburb is home to one of the largest shopping centres in the southern hemisphere
- A 24-hr reception ensures that guests can check in whenever they like
- Walk-in rates are available
- Universal access and sleeper sofas can be requested