Located behind the immigration building inside O.R. Tambo International Airport, the Protea Hotel Transit is the ideal place to rest your head, shower, and get some shut-eye between flights and while in transit. With no visa requirements, its absurdly convenient location, and rooms available for short-term and overnight use—travellers will have no need to spend their layover on uncomfortable airport benches.
International travel can be a particularly daunting experience—especially when your itinerary involves various connecting flights and extended layovers. By the time you arrive at your destination, guests are more often than not exhausted from their travels and this can hamper your overall holiday experience. Catering exclusively for international guests, the Protea Hotel Transit solves all of these problems.
Choose between the hotel’s 87 Standard and Superior Rooms. All come standard with a private en-suite bathroom, Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, satellite TV, extra-length king-size beds, a desk, phone, safe, and tea/coffee-making facilities. Shower-use, day-use, and overnight-use rates are available while the airport’s duty-free shops and array of restaurants are all within easy walking distance.
- Located behind the immigration building in O.R. Tambo International Airport
- No visa requirements are needed to stay at the hotel—perfect for guests not staying in South Africa and en route to other African countries
- Special rates are available for shower use, day-use, and overnight rooms
- Restaurants and duty-free shops are a short walk away from the hotel
- No need to leave the airport