Found in the picturesque and peaceful Overberg region, surrounded by mountains and on the banks of the Klein River, Stanford is an idyllic village only a 2hr-drive from Cape Town—making it the perfect getaway for those in the area. The 3 self-catering Mosaic Milkwood Cottages—located just out of town and on the banks of the Hermanus lagoon—are ideal for all kinds of guests from couples and small families to large families and groups of friends.
Life in Stanford strolls along at a decidedly slower pace. Surrounded by farmland, nearby wine estates, and even a microbrewery, activities in the area revolve around the land, the water, and the nearby sea. The bustling tourist and whale-watching town of Hermanus is only 20 minutes away, while Gansbaai—a premiere destination for shark-cage diving—can be reached in 15 minutes.
Embraced by shady milkwood trees and indigenous fynbos gardens, the Mosaic Milkwood Cottages all boast natural finishes, outdoor verandahs, and stone fireplaces. All three showcase the magnificent beauty of the area with its mountain views, limestone finishes, and glass doors and windows.
- Just outside of Stanford and within easy driving distance of Hermanus and Gansbaai
- Self-catering cottages that still allow you to feel on holiday thanks to them being serviced daily
- Options for couples, families, and friend groups
- On-site Mosaic Rain Spa and the Lagoon Café (found in the historical 192 Spookhuis)
- Activities range from wine-tasting and beer-tasting to lagoon cruises and quad-bike tours