Hermanus is in a league of its own for foreigners and locals. The phenomenal natural environment is unashamedly everywhere you turn, from bold mountain scenes, to world class shore-based whale watching. One Marine Drive is on the doorstep to wondrous attractions, however, it also occupies pristine seafront space, adding extra charm to your stay.
The boutique hotel is a scenic 2 hour drive from Cape Town. The seafront location makes it an easy area to explore on foot, with art galleries, shops, as well as bars and restaurants not far away. A 12km Cliff Path hugs the coast into town and is the best place in the world to watch some of the 5,000 Southern Right whales, during whale season from July to December.
There are 5 luxury ocean facing rooms with private balconies overlooking the expansive coastline. In a secluded courtyard garden, beside the heated swimming pool, sun loungers are set up for you to enjoy. In winter, there is a wood burning fire in the living area. Generous homemade breakfasts are served in the dining area, which joins the living room’s sought after panoramic sea views.
- 14 wine estates make up the Hemel-en-Aarde valley, not far from One Marine Drive
- World class 27-hole golf course with a mountain backdrop
- The 12km Cliff Path is known as one of the best coastal-based places in the world for whale watching
- 111 recorded bird species in the Fynbos, coastal areas, mountains, rivers, and estuarine habitats of Hermanus
- Shark cage diving tours are available from Gansbaai, 30min from Hermanus