Walker Bay is the playground for migrating southern right whales, the sunbed of bronzed beach bums and the backyard of outdoorsmen and nature enthusiasts. Hermanus Beach Villa overlooks the expansive rolling waters of Walker Bay with views of the ocean from every Suite, and is a stone’s throw away from the shoreline.
The winter and spring months bring with them southern right whales who play about in the bay and who can be seen from Hermanus’s cliff path, offering the best shore-based whale-watching on the globe. Spend a day on the beach, hike in the reserve or enjoy wine tasting and 3-course menus in the lush Hemel-en-Aarde valley. Golfing, shark-cage diving and township tours are also on offer while Cape Town’s attractions are less than two hours away.
Hermanus Beach Villa has 3 Standard Rooms, 2 Deluxe Rooms, 2 Luxury Suites and 1 Honeymoon Suite, all with individual names referring to its surroundings. Four of the rooms have interleading doors making them ideal for families. Guests can enjoy breakfast in the dining room or lunch in the garden while being serenaded by a symphony of crashing waves.
- Four-star B&B a stone’s throw from the town and beach
- The Dolphin Suite boasts a lounge and bedroom with two balconies
- The Walker Bay Suite and Bay View Suite have fireplaces while the Bay View Suite is on the top floor with panoramic views of Walker Bay
- Activities include sea-kayaking, shopping, whale-watching, wine tasting, golfing and day trips to surrounding towns
- Staff are always eager to help plan itineraries