La Petite Baleine is a picturesque villa on the cliffs just outside Hermanus, in the quaint village of De Kelders. After your fill of the Cape Town cityscape, this seaside getaway awaits only a few hours away to bring you unique encounters with South Africa’s grand ocean life and enticing flora.
Located in the Overberg district with mountains on one side and ocean on the other, you have a myriad of activities on offer. If you fancy yourself an adrenaline junkie, you should start off your stay with shark cage diving. During the whale season, De Kelders offers a thrilling whale-watching experience and if you’re lucky you may spot them from the beach. Hike in Grootbos Nature Reserve, sightsee around Hermanus, and taste the wineries of the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley.
The villa has 2 sea-facing bedrooms, one with an en-suite bathroom and shower and the second with a full bathroom. Accommodation comes complete with a fully-equipped kitchen, a dining room with an 8-seater table, a lush living room with indoor fireplace, and a private patio with an infinity-edge swimming pool and braai area.
- Picturesque villa on the cliffs of De Kelders, 30km from Hermanus
- 2 sea-facing bedrooms—one with en-suite bathroom and the other with bath and shower
- Fully-equipped kitchen, dining room, living room with TV and fireplace
- Private patio with infinity-edge swimming pool and braai area—boasting spectacular ocean views
- Shark cage diving nearby, hiking in Grootbos Nature Reserve, wine tasting at Hemel-en-Aarde Valley