You’ll understand why the area is called ‘the place of much water’ when you lay eyes on the stretch of wild Indian Ocean that pounds the rocky shores of this eastern quadrant of the Tsitsikamma National Park. A monumental 80km of craggy shoreline makes up the Storms River Mouth Rest Camp region, and the dramatic sea conditions and flecked green landscape are sure to impress every nature-lover.
Temperate high forest and fynbos roll down to the sea in a verdant carpet, while rivers become oceans through rocky ravines in this Garden Route wonderland. The environment is best explored on hiking loops, mountain biking trails, tractor-trailer rides, and 4x4 trails. The nearby Bloukrans River bridge hosts the highest bungee bridge jump in the world, and more adrenaline is found abseiling, kloofing, and on treetop tours in the area.
There’s no shortage of accommodation options: 19 camping/caravan sites; 20 Forest Huts; 17 Oceanettes; 18 Chalets; 15 Family Cottages; and 5 Honeymoon Cottages—take your pick. The camp includes a souvenir shop, an à la carte restaurant, a laundromat and ironing room, and a private camp swimming pool.
- 80km of craggy shoreline and green cliffs of the Tsitsikamma National Park
- 19 camping/caravan sites; 20 Forest Huts; 17 Oceanettes; 18 Chalets; 15 Family Cottages; and 5 Honeymoon Cottages
- Hiking and mountain biking trails, tractor-trailer rides, 4x4 trails
- Bungee jumping, abseiling, kloofing, and treetop tours
- Souvenir shop, an à la carte restaurant, a laundromat, and swimming pool