Although River Bend Lodge is situated in a 14,000ha concession in the fabled Addo Elephant National Park, well-known for boasting the Big 5 and an impressive elephant population, visitors will not be sleeping in tents or rondavels. Instead, guests can expect to enjoy all the activities associated with a safari showcased from the comfort and refinement of a five-star country-style lodge.
Visitors can embark on daily game drives in search of the Big 5 and are assured of getting up close and personal with the park’s gentle giants. Bird-watching is an ever popular pastime with over 300 species of bird species flitting across the skies. Photographers will be enthralled by the beauty of the bush and are guaranteed that perfect shot with the help of a professional in-house photographer.
River Bend Lodge has 7 Luxury Suites featuring en-suite bathrooms and private patios. Some of the suites have interleading doors which can be opened for families. The Honeymoon Suite is secluded and boasts a private courtyard, garden, plunge pool, and Nespresso coffee-maker. Visitors can dine at the decadent on-site Silverthorns restaurant or relax by the pool.
- Orange River on your doorstep and within easy driving distance of the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Namibian border, and Augrabies Falls National Park
- Orange River Valley is well-known for its wine farms and visitors can enjoy wine and brandy tastings
- Outdoor sports abound including fishing, 4x4 trails, horse-riding, mountain-biking, and water sports
- All rooms have en-suite bathrooms, Wi-Fi, satellite TV, and air conditioning
- Complimentary shuttle to and from the hotel