Although the Oceana Beach & Wildlife Reserve is situated about an hour north of Port Elizabeth - and at the far-end of the Garden Route - it’s well-worth the drive. From its hilltop throne with dramatic vistas of the bush, the beach, and the Indian Ocean rolling out before you, Oceana occupies pride of place.
The reserve boasts stellar game-viewing experiences including the likes of rhino, buffalo, and giraffe. Combine your wildlife adventure with a stroll over the dunes towards the silky-white sands skirting the warm Indian Ocean. After a day of exploring, head back to the hotel and unwind with a relaxing spa treatment or indulge in mouth-watering cuisine at the restaurant, or by candlelight on the beach.
The 4 Lodge Suites each boast 180-degree views of the bush and beach and come with king-size beds, a private deck, and a mini-bar. For a more exclusive experience, book into the Private Ocean House which consists of 3 en suite bedrooms and sleeps a maximum of six guests. A private plunge pool and a private chef and housekeeper are the cherry on top of this exclusive hilltop stay.
- 180-degree views of the bush, beach, and the Indian Ocean
- Spot rhino, buffalo, giraffe, and more on any of the reserve’s thrilling game-viewing experiences
- Five-star dining at the restaurant or by candlelight on the beach
- Relaxing spa treatments are also available
- For ultimate exclusivity, check into the Private Ocean House which comes with a private plunge pool, chef, and housekeeper