Mere minutes away from the elephant mecca of Addo Elephant National Park, Elephant House is the ideal base from which to explore the Park and its surroundings. Amid rolling green lawns and indigenous trees, the lodge is a peaceful retreat after a day spent traversing the African wilderness.
Twice-daily game drives in open-air vehicles showcase the best of Addo’s wildlife, which includes the Big 5. Horseback safaris give guests an intimate experience with the bush, while ‘Walk with the Elephants’ lets visitors walk among these gentle giants in their natural environment. A gentle paddle down the Sundays River reveals the profusion of birdlife along its riverbanks, including kingfisher, goliath heron, and the African fish eagle.
All of the 8 Luxury Rooms, of which one is a Family Suite, open on to a thatched-roof veranda. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, extra-length king-size beds, as well as 24hr room service. Dinner – country cuisine coupled with Cape wines - is announced with an African gong and served with silver and crystal, and the nearby ‘Club Room’ will entertain the little ones while parents indulge in sundowners by the pool.
- Mere minutes away from the Addo Elephant National Park
- Open-air vehicle game drives, horseback safaris, and walking among the elephants in their natural environment
- All of Elephant House’s 8 Luxury Rooms, of which one is a Family Suite, open on to a thatched-roof veranda
- Elegant dinner, announced by an African gong and served on silver and crystal
- The ‘Club Room’ will entertain the little ones