The delights of South Africa’s Klein Karoo are within easy distance of Altes Landhaus Country Lodge, a Cape Dutch-style homestead lovingly restored by owners Heinz and Helen Meyer. Enjoy personal and attentive service in the beautiful surrounds just 15km outside the town of Oudtshoorn and a 45min drive from the Garden Route.
Although the perfect place to relax amidst scenic grounds and indigenous birds, the area’s many attractions may tempt you into activity. An ostrich show farm, wildlife ranch and cheetah sanctuary, and the majestic Cango Caves are in the vicinity. A drive along the Swartberg Pass offers mind-blowing views while a beach day and other seaside capers are near at hand along the Garden Route.
Accommodation consists of various Suites and Double Rooms all complete with comfortable private lounge, en suite bathroom and private patio overlooking the garden. A solar heated saltwater pool offers respite from the heat with refreshments available at the pool bar, while the cosy lounge’s two fire places provide hearty warmth if chilly. Generous farm breakfasts start your day off right and a la carte dinners comprising local specialities can be savoured on the patio.
- A variety of comfortable accommodation options on a beautifully restored Cape Dutch-style homestead
- Centrally-located base from which to explore the attractions of the Klein Karoo
- Only a 45min drive from the Garden Route
- Owner-run establishment with gracious hosts and attentive staff
- A solar heated saltwater pool offers respite from hot Karoo days