As the name implies, an ethereal air emanates from Phantom Forest. The rugged thatch and wood Tree Suites are linked by meandering board-walks high up in the forest canopy. Built from sustainable materials and seamlessly blending in with their surroundings, the Suites have become part of the very fabric of nature rather than an intrusive presence.
Hidden in the heart of dense afromontane forest, 7km outside of Knysna, the lush property encompasses 137 hectares of private reserve. Stroll through the forest, watching out for the shy duiker hiding among the foliage or take a quiet paddle up the river. The invigorating Bubble Barrel and the Body Boma sauna soothe your soul, pampering your muscles and ridding your mind of any worries. Sip sundowners at the Eyrie, while the day fades to dusk.
The 14 elevated Tree Suites are draped in luxury, from silky percale linen and hand-woven coir carpets, to glass roofed en-suite bathrooms overlooking the lagoon. A touch of romance lingers in the elegant furnishings and colour palette. The soft-lit boma serves classically-styled international cuisine, with each meal ending with velvety, African liqueurs.
- An ethereal air emanates from Phantom Forest
- The 14 elevated Tree Suites are made from sustainable materials
- In the heart of dense afromontane forest, 7km outside of Knysna
- Leisure activities include forest strolls, paddling the river, immersing yourself in the Bubble Barrel and the Body Boma sauna and indulging in sundowners at the Eyrie bar
- The boma serves classically-styled international cuisine