A Garden Route sunset is best taken in from the secluded wooden decks leading out of the suites at Elephant Hide of Knysna Guest Lodge. Flooded with sunlight during the day, these cosy retreats offer a welcome retreat in the evening after a day spent exploring Knysna, nearby beaches, nature trails and the magical Knysna Forest.
Knysna’s forests have long been known as the secret tramping ground of the Knysna elephant. Visitors can get up close and personal to some of these gentle giants at the Knysna Elephant Park, or trek on nature trails in the forest to try your hand at spotting one of these elusive creatures yourself. The bustling town is full of coffee shops, bars and restaurants, while its lagoon is a favourite among water sports enthusiasts and anglers.
Guests can choose to stay in the 4-sleeper Family Suite or in the lodge’s Executive, Fynbos or Lagoon Suites. All have underfloor heating, spa baths, iPod docking stations, TV, DVD player, climate control, minibar and a viewing deck. Take a dip in the lodge’s rim flow pool or enjoy a light lunch on the main deck.
- Ideally situated for those exploring the surrounding Garden Route
- Family-owned and family-friendly lodge only 3km from town
- Airport shuttle service running between the lodge and George Airport
- Wi-Fi in public areas and babysitting services available on request
- Only 7 Suites at the lodge