Rusthuiz Guest House is a neat guesthouse on the Eerste River that winds through the oak-studded town of Stellenbosch. The name ‘Rusthuiz’ means ‘house of rest’ and is perfectly apt considering the owners, Hendri and Rene, personally ensure the comfort of guests and are eager to share any delectable detail that might make a stay in Stellenbosch all the more special.
The lounge is crammed with hearty comforts like an open fireplace, sofas you can melt into, and thick Persian carpets. A place of refuge against the bustling and lively nature of the Cape Winelands, guests can easily stroll to the main streets of Stellenbosch while the nature reserves and hundreds of excellent wine farms are all a short drive or an energetic cycle away.
As is the case with many guesthouses, there are a number of different room types offering different benefits. Consider the smaller Standard Room if you plan to spend all your time out and about, a Balcony Room for a fabulous view over the garden or a Classical Room with its own private entrance if guests are planning on sampling the booming Stellenbosch nightlife.
- Rene and Hendri are friendly and genuine, truly making all visitors feel at home
- Owners can provide exceptionally useful local insight into attractions and activities
- Rooms are spacious, uncluttered and comfortable
- Even though rooms fall into the same category, they can still differ
- Location is excellent for exploring a number of popular wine estates and the town