Old Cape Dutch-style hospitality is evident throughout the well-appointed rooms and elegant interiors of River Manor Country House, found on one of many oak tree-lined streets in the heart of Stellenbosch, and along a river. Less than an hour from Cape Town and acting as the gateway to the Cape Winelands —visitors will find plenty to do in this gourmand heaven.
As the second-oldest settlement in the country, it’ll come as no surprise that Stellenbosch is simply brimming with history and cultural importance. Not to mention its esteemed reputation among the country’s foodies thanks to its excellent restaurants and surrounding wine farms. The town oozes charm, while its university ensures that there is an added zing to its nightlife.
River Manor’s 18 Rooms are available in the following configurations: Superior, Classic, Standard, and Petite. Each one boasts air-conditioning, satellite TV, a minibar, hairdryer, tea/coffee-making facilities, and wall safes. Guests can relax at the house with its manicured lawns, two swimming pools, Studio Spa, library, and wrap-around verandahs. River Manor is also within easy walking distance of the town’s bistros, bars, shops, galleries, and restaurants.
- Owner-run country house in the heart of Stellenbosch
- Great attention to detail from fresh flowers to homemade minibar snacks
- Onsite spa, stunning gardens, 2 swimming pools, and wrap-around verandah
- Within walking distance of the town’s bars, restaurants, shops, and galleries
- Tailor-made wine tours, Winelands experiences, and golfing packages can be organised through River Manor