Tucked away in one of the oak-studded streets of Stellenbosch, Middedorp Manor is set in the gently thrumming heart of South Africa’s second oldest settlement. This 100-year-old Victorian house with patio lace-trimmed terraces is surrounded by a landscaped garden and suites decorated in neutral, calming pallets. Within easy walking distance of the bustling town centre, Middedorp is the perfect place to rest your head while exploring the Cape Winelands.
Stellenbosch’s historic streets are lined with old buildings dating back some 200 years. Many rest in the shade of towering oak trees planted by Simon van der Stel, the town’s founder, in the early 18th century. Wine farms surround Stellenbosch and extend to other villages such as Franschhoek some 40 minutes away, while Cape Town can also be reached in under an hour.
Middedorp Manor boasts 6 suites furnished in cool grey and white tones with extra-length king-size beds and comfortable seating areas. All suites have air conditioning, satellite TV, a DVD player, and percale linen. Enjoy a book in the library, breakfast in the sunlit dining room, and tea on the terrace overlooking the pool and gardens.
- Immerse yourself in old-world Stellenbosch in this 100-year-old Victorian manor
- Only 6 suites whose walls are adorned with some of the country’s leading artists
- Has a club room for conferences, a bar, pool, library, and an antique fireplace
- Bicycle rental is available – the perfect transport to explore the town at a slow pace
- Within easy walking distance of the town centre and its shops, galleries, and restaurants