Jonkershoek Valley is a patchwork of rich nature reserves, wine farms, and striking mountains. It is here in the heart of wine country that Auberge Rozendal Guesthouse resides. Happily established on an organic farm on the outskirts of Stellenbosch, Auberge Rozendal offers guests the peace and quiet that comes with farm-living.
Auberge Rozendal is just a stone’s throw away from the historical, university town of Stellenbosch, with its monuments, ancient architecture, quirky cafes, and old oak avenues. Although there are plenty of activities to satisfy the outdoor-enthusiast, Rozendal’s drawcard is its creative, French Provencal-inspired cuisine, sourced from home-grown vegetables, fruits and herbs. Wine-lovers will not be disappointed in the variety of wine farms strewn across the area, each with its own unique twist on a classic.
The guesthouse offers 16 en-suite rooms, each with a private patio overlooking the valley. The rooms’ décor reflects European style, but with a flair unique to South Africa. Farm-fresh breakfast is served on the Manor House terrace, while lunch is enjoyed on the vine-covered veranda. A roaring fire provides warmth for the winter nights.
- A stone’s throw from the historical, university town of Stellenbosch
- Outdoor enthusiast will enjoy hiking or biking the mountainous surroundings
- Rozendal’s drawcard is its creative, French Provencal-inspired cuisine, sourced from home-grown vegetables, fruits and herbs
- An array of wine farms strewn across the area
- The guest house has 16 en-suite rooms, each with a private patio overlooking the valley