La Petite Ferme’s Lakeside Lodges overlook a lake whose glassy complexion is broken only by the wake of darting trout beneath its surface. Sprawling farmland, fragrant vineyards, and the Helderberg mountains are the backdrop for this elegant country retreat on the grounds of the boutique La Petite Ferme wine estate; a romantic base from which to explore the surrounding Cape Winelands.
Franschhoek was settled by French Huguenots in the late 18th century. The town, along with many farms and wineries, has retained its Gallic air and even celebrates Bastille Day with an annual festival every July. Franschhoek is gourmand heaven with world-class restaurants, chocolatiers, and wineries offering food and wine pairings. There are also numerous museums, art galleries, and hiking and mountain biking trails.
The 4 Lakeside Lodges are a short walk from the restaurant and furnished with all possible amenities to ensure comfort and relaxation. They are conveniently cool in summer thanks to its mountainous location and cosy in winter due to crackling fireplaces lit by logs left at your lodge door. These 2-bedroom lodges have 2 en-suite bathrooms, a fully-equipped kitchen, TV, Wi-Fi, and telephone.
- Intimate and artisan winery
- Activities include wine tasting on horseback, chocolate tastings, fly fishing, and mountain biking
- The town has art galleries, a classic car museum, and a Venetian glass-blowing studio
- Elegant lodges that can cater for up to 4 people with fireplaces for winter and plunge pools for summer
- Ideal base from which to explore the Cape Winelands or simply to relax