In homage to its location in South Africa’s very own French corner, L’Ermitage Chateau & Villas epitomises a French village thanks to its enchanting architecture, cobbled streets, manicured gardens, and a plethora of fountains. Surrounded by fynbos, vineyards, and mountains, and only a short drive from Franschhoek’s village centre—this is a superb base for those wanting to explore the Cape Winelands and those looking for a quick breakaway only 45min from Cape Town.
Attracting romantics, daredevils, foodies, nature lovers, and artistic aficionados alike, Franschhoek has something that will appeal to everyone. Whether it is paragliding over the valley, sampling the fare at some of the best restaurants in the country, hiking in the surrounding mountains, or stopping by art galleries—guests are sure to be entertained.
Perfect for couples, families, and friends, L’Ermitage Chateau & Villas offers several Chateaus and a number of 1-3-bedroom Villas. Each is equipped with air-conditioning, satellite TV, Wi-Fi, a mini-bar, tea/coffee-making facilities, and a balcony or terrace. Enjoy breakfasts and lunches at the hotel’s restaurant, bar, and lounge—or request a sunset picnic on the viewing deck showcasing the valley in all its fading glory.
- A culinary hotspot, Franschhoek is home to 8 of South Africa’s Top 100 restaurants
- Chateaus and 1-3-bedroom Villas are on offer
- On-site amenities include secure parking, room service, babysitting facilities, concierge, Wi-Fi, luggage holding, laundry facilities, and a shuttle service
- Terrific base from which to explore the Cape Winelands
- Only 45min from Cape Town—an ideal breakaway