If the tastefully decorated and individually themed Suites of Avondrood Guesthouse are any indication of a stay there—it’s sure to impress. Its service mirrors the attention to detail shown throughout the property found in the picturesque town of Franschhoek, a renowned wine farm and fine-dining hub in South Africa’s Western Cape province—little over an hour from the bright lights of Cape Town.
Its proximity to the city makes Franschhoek ideal for a midweek or weekend getaway to the Cape Winelands, while nearby towns such as Stellenbosch and Paarl are within easy driving distance. Franschhoek’s interesting history and picturesque surroundings have resulted in art galleries lining its streets, hiking trails on the outskirts of town, and museums and boutique stores popping up here and there.
Guests can choose from Avondrood’s 1 Standard Deluxe Room, 3 Superior Rooms, 3 Deluxe Rooms, or 1 Family Deluxe Suite. The Superior Rooms boast private entrances while the Deluxe Rooms have private gardens and seating areas. The 2-bedroom Family Deluxe Suite boasts 360-degree views of the mountains and a cosy fireplace.
- Family-friendly bed & breakfast in Franschhoek
- Only an hour from the big city of Cape Town
- Onsite amenities include a Jacuzzi and pool, while some of the rooms boast private entrances, fireplaces, and modern comforts
- All of the Suites are individually themed and decorated
- Franschhoek is a major foodie hub in South Africa