Auberge Clermont can be found on a working farm producing an enticing selection of olive oils and wines. Nestled in the heart of the Cape Winelands and a short distance from Franschhoek’s town centre and yet offering all the charm of country living—what more could visitors to this romantic part of the world want?
Originally populated by elephants, and later by San bushmen, and later French Huguenots; Franschhoek’s colourful history is reflected in the array of museums and art galleries to be found along its oak-studded streets. Nearby towns include Paarl and Stellenbosch, making for convenient and entertaining day trips, while the bright lights of Cape Town are little over an hour away.
Accommodation at Auberge Clermont is available in its 6 Suites (one of which is the Honeymoon Suite) whose warm interiors and modern amenities (including underfloor heating, air-conditioning, Nespresso machines, and spacious bathrooms) make them all the more enticing. A self-catering option is also available in the Luxury Villa boasting 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a loft bedroom with en-suite facilities, a private pool, terrace, and fully-equipped kitchen.
- 4-star B&B close to Franschhoek’s town centre but on a working farm
- Decorated in the colours & moods of Provence
- Decadent breakfasts are enjoyed either in the shade of 18th-century oak trees or in the courtyard dining room
- Onsite amenities include a tennis court, pool, and plum orchard
- Cycling, horse-riding, golf, wine-tasting, tours & transfers can be arranged through the guesthouse