Rijk’s Country House is a delightful getaway, found off the beaten track in South Africa’s 4th oldest town, Tulbagh. Restored in classic Cape Dutch style, Rijk’s is a gateway to various wine routes, scenic drives and farming hamlets, such as Wolsley, Ceres and Gouda - each with its own spectrum of attractions.
The Obiqua, Winterhoek and Witzenberg mountain ranges that surround the Tulbagh valley provide a scenic setting in which to conduct day-to-day activities such as horse trails, hiking and bike tours. Return to the farm comfort of Rijk’s, have a meal at Governors (the in-house restaurant), a wine tasting at their private cellar or simply relax on your room’s private terrace and enjoy the stillness of the verdant vale with a chilled Chenin after a busy day.
Rijk’s is home to 10 Luxury Rooms, 2 Superior Rooms and 3 Family Cottages, providing a range of options to suit couples or families seeking a bit of country air. All rooms are spacious, simple and elegant with 100% cotton sheets, a big bathtub and all the bells and whistles expected of a Five-star establishment.
- Beautiful setting in the Tulbagh valley cocooned by mountains
- Simple, elegant, farm living focusing on comfort and tranquillity
- Excellent on-site restaurant and private wine cellar
- Gateway to many surrounding towns creating plenty of opportunities to explore
- Perfect getaway for those who enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking and biking