Fraai Uitzicht 1798 is hidden among the Langeberg hills and on the scenic Route 62 in the heart of Robertson. This beautiful wine and the guest farm will have guests lingering and reluctant to leave its calm, comfortable and culinary-rich setting behind.
This is wine country, and what better way to experience it than to visit some of the oldest wine cellars in the valley? Fraai Uitzicht’s cellar still displays the original woodwork and handcrafted beams of the centuries-old cellar. Its vintage Merlots soak up the ancient atmosphere and leave hints of chocolate and vanilla on your palate. The large, lush gardens that encompass the property hide corners for relaxation and exploration, while the restaurant makes use of home-grown herbs and vegetables for the menu.
Fraai Uitzicht 1798’s 9 spacious units are complete with oval baths, walk-in showers, extra-length king-size beds, Egyptian cotton linens, and an open fireplace, while the Standard Room features a queen-size bed. All cottages boast reed ceilings and French doors opening on to verandas overlooking the pool.
- One of the oldest wine cellars in the valley with original handcrafted beams
- The wine farm’s Merlots leave hints of chocolate and vanilla
- Large, lush gardens encompass the property
- The restaurant serves culinary delicacies with herbs and vegetables from the garden
- The cottages feature reed ceilings, French doors, and verandas while cottages next to the wine cellar still retain their 19th-century charm