The Klein Karoo (little Karoo) was once home to a plethora of big game and the Big 5 who were slowly driven out by early settlers moving into its fertile valleys to farm. Inverdoorn Game Reserve has since reintroduced the Big 5 and a plethora of other previously endemic species to the region. Today guests can observe the Big 5 in one of their old habitats, a convenient 2.5hr drive away from Cape Town.
The reserve stretches across 10,000ha of semi-arid desert, known for its stark and unusual beauty and seemingly endless night skies; a huge draw for star gazers and photographers alike. Visitors can enjoy game drives, visit the reserve’s cheetah rehabilitation project, track cheetahs in the wild, and even – if conditions are favourable – walk with long-lashed giraffes around the reserve.
Iziba Safari Lodge has Chalets, Luxury Chalets, Guest Houses, and their flagship Ambassador Suite – a favourite among couples and honeymooners. Both chalet types and the suite have rooftop terraces boasting all-encompassing views of the surrounding Karoo while their Guest Houses cater for families and big groups.
- Big 5 safari destination 2.5 hours from Cape Town in the picturesque Little Karoo
- The reserve runs rhino protective and cheetah rehabilitation projects
- A number of accommodation options to suit all budgets and different numbers of guests
- The chalets and suite have rooftop terraces offering uninterrupted views of the surrounding reserve
- The main lodge has a swimming pool, barbeque area, dining area, 2 bars, TV lounge, and curio shop