Exhibiting filigree architecture and a sprawling verandah that leads onto a manicured lawn, the Dock House Boutique Hotel & Spa exudes old-world grandeur—no doubt thanks to its history as the former residence of the V&A Waterfront’s harbour master. Now, the hotel invites guests to enjoy its sublime location, direct access to the Waterfront, and seamless transfers into Cape Town’s City Bowl and surrounds.
Cape Town is a city of startling contrasts. The Atlantic Ocean and looming formations of Lion’s Head and Table Mountain are juxtaposed against the CBD and City Bowl. Even there, modern high-rises stand adjacent to 19th-century churches and the verdant expanse that is The Company’s Garden.
The hotel’s 5 bedrooms and one Suite either look onto the ocean or have views of Table Mountain. Each comes complete with a designer bathroom, open bar, plasma-screen TV, high-speed internet connection, and understated Victorian elegance combined with decidedly modern accents. Other on-site conveniences include a luxurious spa, morning room, library, swimming pool, al fresco dining area, bar, valet and concierge services, and a world-class gym.
- Several activities exploring the Cape Town area can be organised from the hotel with the comprehensive concierge and transport service
- Universal Access facilities are available along with secretarial and professional child-minding services
- Foreign exchange facility available
- The Suite has access to a private garden
- Two of the rooms have optional interconnecting facilities for families and friends travelling together