Once a 19th-century prison, this striking white building now houses the Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge—a hotel rich in both history and modern-day comforts. Located right beside the shopping mecca of the V&A Waterfront, the hotel is the perfect retreat for visitors looking to explore the beaches, mountains, and city hotspots of Cape Town.
The V&A Waterfront, with its innumerable shops, restaurants, entertainment, and leisure activities, is a very short walk away from the hotel. Standing majestically in the background are the majestic Lion’s Head and the iconic Table Mountain, which both feature hikes with magnificent views of the city and the Atlantic Ocean. In proximity to the hotel stands the Sea Point promenade where people of all types gather to cycle, walk, rollerblade, or play in the parks.
The hotel’s design is environmentally-friendly, yet guests also have every luxury right at their fingertips. Beautiful recycled floors and furniture are featured in each one of the 191 rooms of the hotel along with a mini-bar fridge, Wi-Fi, and flat-screen TV. Four public lounges, gym, 18 conference venues, and the Stonebreakers Restaurant are just some of the many facilities on offer.
- Rich in both history and modern-day comforts
- Next to the shopping mecca of the V&A Waterfront
- In proximity to the Sea Point promenade and Lion’s Head and Table Mountain
- Although the design focus is environmentally friendly, the hotel has all the luxuries and amenities that one could require
- The Stonebreakers Restaurant offers daily á la carte and buffet menus