Set against a backdrop of rugged mountains (only 30 minutes from Cape Town) guests at Steenberg Hotel can admire sweeping vineyards from what once was the oldest farm in the Constantia Wine Valley. Buildings dating from 1682 have been restored with a dash of contemporary design. The fusion of the historic and trendy characterises the ‘Steenberg Experience’: luxury accommodation, fine dining, and award-winning wines.
Indulge in exquisite cuisine at Catharina's Restaurant or trendy bistro faire at Bistro Sixteen82. Enjoy a round of golf on the 18-hole championship course, a relaxing day at the Ginkgo Spa, a quiet stroll through the vineyards or wine tasting at the winery. A world in itself: from the swimming pool and sun loungers to the Champagne Bar, there is something for everyone. It's no wonder Steenberg Hotel has been voted one of the Top 100 Experiences in the World by readers of Condé Nast Traveller.
The 24 accommodation units come in varying categories from Luxury Rooms to opulent Heritage Suites. Contemporary decor and design with a country feel and African touches are the order of the day along with five-star in-room amenities and services.
- Located on private Steenberg Estate in Constantia Wine Valley
- Only 30 minutes from the city centre but far from the hustle and bustle of the city
- The ‘Steenberg Experience’ ensures fine-dining options and excellent wine tasting
- An 18-hole championship golf course for those who want to practice their swing
- Ginkgo Spa facilities and treatments on offer from professional therapists