If you’re looking for a convenient spot from which to explore Cape Town but don’t want to skimp on panache when it comes to your lodgings, the Welgelegen boutique hotel is the place for you.
Sitting at the foot of Table Mountain, Welgelegen (meaning 'well-placed' in Dutch) consists of two beautiful 19th Century houses. Welgelegen is situated in Gardens, an old suburb in a quiet part of Cape Town's city-bowl area, close enough to walk to the shops, restaurants and cafes along Kloof Street but far-enough away from the traffic and city noise for a peaceful stay. Being located in the city bowl means that you are no more than a few minutes away from your next adventure.
Accommodation consists of 13 Rooms, each individually decorated to a high standard with varying additions such as Juliet balconies or private gardens. Each room has air conditioning, mini-bars and satellite TV - and don’t forget the oh-so-convenient en suite bathrooms. Welgelegen provides a delicious breakfast and, while dinner options aren’t available, your hosts will happily make dinner reservations on your behalf at the restaurants on Kloof Street, Cape Town's 'fine-dining mile'.
- Owners and staff are involved and hands-on, offering priceless local knowledge
- Convenient location allowing for exploration on foot
- 30 seconds away from Kloof Street, Cape Town's 'fine-dining mile'
- An enclosed terrace garden provides a cool, quiet refuge after a busy city day
- Near the centre of Cape Town, and most popular attractions are within a few minutes’ drive