The facade of An African Villa just seven blocks from Cape Town’s city centre may be deceiving: enter the front gate and behold three charming 19th-century terraced houses with original wooden balconies and wrought-iron railings. Step inside, and be catapulted into a 21st-century urban safari.
Described as African-Zen, chic warm colours with splashes of tribal red fuse into an eclectic mix of unusual artefacts—many of which are for sale. Located in Tamboerskloof, one of the most charming of the city suburbs, the hotel is within walking distance from the Kloof Street dining and shopping strip, and 10 minutes from the city centre. There is plenty to do in Cape Town: glistening beaches, Table Mountain, historic houses and gardens, the V&A Waterfront, and the Cape Winelands a little further afield.
12 Platinum, Gold, and Silver Rooms are on offer, generous in size—some with step-out balconies and mountain views. In the summer months, make use of the peaceful courtyard with a refreshing plunge pool, alongside tables and loungers in the sunshine. In winter, retire to the library, dining room, and lounge where cosy fires await.
- In lush Tamboerskloof, close to Kloof Street—Cape Town’s “Golden Mile” for fine dining
- 12 Platinum, Gold, and Silver Rooms of generous size, some with mountain views
- 10 minutes from the city centre—nearby Cape Town’s best attractions
- Vibrant African-Zen design with unusual artefacts
- Tranquil courtyard with rectangular plunge pool, tables and loungers; library, dining room and lounge with fireplaces