In Anse Forbans on the island of Mahé, DoubleTree Resort and Spa breaks the mould when it comes to island getaways. With only 30 rooms and delightful service, you could be forgiven for forgetting that it’s not home. The Indian Ocean beckons from every position in DoubleTree: your room’s balcony, the pool deck and, of course, their private beach.
The resort’s chic restaurant area (serving both buffet and a la carte) opens onto a large deck, complete with rim-flow pool that seems to merge with the azure ocean waters beyond. Hotel reception caringly advises on noteworthy activities in the area, such as a trip to Eden Island, the local spice garden or Takamaka Bay Distillery. Going the extra mile is the norm at DoubleTree where any request is met with delight and care.
Guest Rooms and Deluxe Rooms are modern and comfortable with emphasis on attention to detail and convenience. All rooms have a sea view, furnished balcony, king size bed, walk-in rain shower, LCD television, iPod docking station, Wi-Fi, espresso machine, lounge and desk. Deluxe Rooms are slightly bigger and boast a whirlpool tub on the balcony.
- Stylish, well equipped rooms, all with ocean views
- Small resort, ensuring attention to detail and caring, personalised service
- Private beach, for the use of resort guests
- Water activities at the resort as well as excursions available
- Suitable for couples and families
- Whirlpool tubs available in select rooms