An authentic, comfortable, and convenient stay awaits at Mountain Gorilla View Lodge in Kinigi. Located on the outskirts of Volcanoes National Park, at the foothills of Mount Karisimbi, and boasting magnificent views of the cloud-topped volcanic mountains that make up the Virunga Massif, this is a superb option for travellers looking to explore the park and get close to its habituated gorilla population.
Undoubtedly one of Rwanda’s greatest drawcards is its population of endangered mountain gorillas. These gentle and intelligent giants find sanctuary in the dense forests that cover the Virunga mountains. Aside from gorilla trekking; bird-watching, hiking, and other wildlife spotting are popular pastimes for those visiting Volcanoes National Park.
Constructed from locally-available materials and supporting local communities by using farm-fresh produce for its restaurant, the eco lodge accommodates guests in 30 spacious chalets. Each one equipped with a sitting area, fireplace, tea/coffee-making machine, and en-suite bathroom. Guests will have easy access to the park whose main entrance is a mere 10-minute drive away.
- This eco lodge is a 10-minute drive from main entrance to Volcanoes National Park
- Located at the foothills of Mount Karisimbi with magnificent views of the surrounding volcanic mountains
- Each chalet has a sitting area, fireplace, tea/coffee-making machine, and lovely views
- There is a basic bar and restaurant at the lodge
- Great base for those going gorilla trekking