Along the meandering road between Ruhengeri and Volcanoes National Park, Five Volcanoes Boutique Hotel can be found conveniently midway. Its name deriving from the Rwanda park which harbours five of the eight volcanoes in the Virunga mountain chain, this is a superb base for visitors wanting access to the city and Rwanda’s famed mountain gorillas.
Ruhengeri is not only the capital of the Musanze District but also one of the most visited cities in Rwanda thanks to its location close to Volcanoes National Park. The park acted as a base for Dian Fossey, the acclaimed zoologist who spent many years studying and forming relationships with the endangered mountain gorillas which call the surrounding mountains home.
Guests can stay in the hotel’s 13 en-suite bedrooms, available in double or twin configurations, or in the VIP Cottage. The cottage is suitable for families or friends travelling together thanks to its two-bedroom layout, small kitchen, and dining area. Onsite amenities include a restaurant, garden, pool, fireplace, and 24-hour front desk. The park’s headquarters are also less than 15 minutes away.
- Conveniently located on the road between Volcanoes National Park Headquarters and Ruhengeri
- Superb base for those visiting the park which is only 15 minutes away
- The park is home to the endangered mountain gorilla and five volcanoes in the Virunga chain
- Onsite amenities include a garden, pool, restaurant, and 24-hour front desk
- Universal access options available