The intimate Ruzizi Tented Camp is made up of only nine tents and located in Akagera National Park on the edge of Lake Ihema. Entirely solar powered, the lodge blends in seamlessly with its surroundings and offers guests sweeping lake views, delicious meals, and amazing opportunities for bird and wildlife viewing in Akagera.
The swamps, lakes, plains, and highlands of Akagera are home to nearly 500 bird species; notable plains game including elephant, zebra, giraffe, buffalo, topi, eland, and roan antelope; several primate species; and predators such as hyena, side-striped jackal, leopard, lion, hippo, and crocodile. Game drives, trips on Lake Ihema, night drives, and birding safaris are available.
Nine tents are scattered along a boardwalk on either side of the central area containing a lounge bar and dining room. The deck overlooking the lake is the ideal spot to spend quiet afternoons, enjoy sundowners, or to warm up at the campfire every night, revelling in the star-strewn sky. Each tent has either a queen-size or two twin beds and an en-suite bathroom.
- Located on Lake Ihema in Akagera National Park
- Spectacular lake views and surrounded by lush vegetation
- Solar powered
- Only nine tents are available, meaning the lodge offers an uncrowded and intimate experience
- Several activities are available in the park
- The park is home to nearly 500 bird species as well as plains game, predators, and primates