Although Rwanda is landlocked, the country’s eastern border runs along Lake Kivu — one of the deepest and most voluminous lakes in the world. Experience a beach-like trip at Nirvana Heights hotel, located near Gisenyi. Overlooking the deep blue waters of Lake Kivu, Nirvana Heights is home to spectacular views and the accommodation and facilities to match.
With such prime positioning, activities abound at Nirvana. Traditional fishermen are out on the lake most days; guests can join them for an evening on the boat to learn about their methods or kayak out at sunset to watch the fishing boats leave for the night. Boat rides and cycling are popular pastimes and the traditional coffee experience is a must-do. Guests can also visit Nyiragongo Volcano — the world’s largest lava lake — or track mountain gorillas nearby.
Choose between 18 en-suite rooms that all have a private balcony overlooking Lake Kivu, a four-poster super-king-size bed, and a lounge area that leads out onto the balcony. All rooms have a mini fridge, satellite TV, tea/coffee facilities, and free Wi-Fi. In between activities, lounge at the pool that overlooks the lake.
- Overlooks Lake Kivu — one of the deepest and most voluminous lakes in the world
- Lake-side positioning provides guests with a ‘seaside’ Rwandan getaway
- Plenty of activities available both on and off the lake
- All rooms are en-suite with private balconies overlooking the lake
- Large swimming pool and deck overlook the lake making for spectacular views